I continue to notice that there are just not enough people blogging on geography or other concepts which are moderately academic in nature. To that end I have set forth to think of 25 ideas to stimulate the hidden geographers out there, who are also bloggers and have a desire to document a sense of space. Social commentary on a geographic concepts just might be interesting and so I have put together a list of items for consideration/stealing.
- What is the geographic distribution of the people YOU are following on Twitter?
- What is the most interesting place you found on accident while on a business trip?
- Determine the applicability of a “virtual” [tag]gravity model[/tag] and where a [tag]meme[/tag] started
- A virtual survey of barn types available of [tag]Flickr[/tag].
- Map YOUR 2001 Summer Tour with [tag]Widespread Panic[/tag]
- A content analysis of blog posts tagged as [tag]Georgia[/tag]
- Map the places you have visited on business via [tag]Google[/tag] maps
- Why I don’t ever want to go to [tag]Orlando[/tag] again for a conference
- Determine the geographic distribution of [tag]Technorati[/tag]’s [tag]top 100[/tag] blogs
- Does the core periphery model apply to blogs hosted by [tag]Harvard[/tag], with Cambridge as the core?
- Why the view at (insert venue) makes it the best place to see live music outdoors
- Contrast and compare the level of education associated with bloggers in [tag]Bezerkly[/tag], [tag]Madison[/tag], [tag]Ann Arbor[/tag] and [tag]Austin[/tag]?
- Where is the worst place to have a conference?
- What airport has the best localized representation of food stuff and gear?
- A geographic survey of Uncle Jay’s blog roll, by type, relative to the 2004 presidential red and [tag]blue states[/tag].
- What cities are all of your [tag]Grateful Dead[/tag] T-shirts from?
- How long must one travel to consider it a roadtrip?
- Where are the randoms from in your [tag]Facebook[/tag] network from?
- Where is the best show you NEVER went to from in your live music collection?
- Why the roads in [tag]Boston[/tag] made me late for my customer meeting – AGAIN!
- Where is the best sports stadium in the world?
- The different between avenues and streets in NYC
- Where is the best place to do nothing at?
- A survey of cities where you actually saw more than the airport, hotel and office/conference center
- What is the smallest city you actually flew to and why?
Do you have a hidden geographer?
A quick note of appreciation to 3 folks that I synthesized this from – [tag]Chris Carfi[/tag] (business travel posts), [tag]Chris Brogan[/tag] (conference twitter posts and 100 list) and [tag]Jeremiah Owyang[/tag] (meme following)
Related articles by Zemanta
- How Do You Browse By Category Blog Content from NpTech Bloggers?
- Twitter Twaddle, Part 1: What Twitter Is and Why It’s Cool
- Top Marketing Geeks Make Their Predictions for 2009
- Do You Get Social Tool Fatigue?