I really wouldn’t want one of my customers sending emails like this one I got today from Hertz. As if being on the news wasn’t enough for Toyota on this recall and major rental companies choosing to opt out on Toyota until addressed, now one of their larger fleet customers is letting their customer base know – “we will make every effort to switch you to another brand (e.g., Nissan, Ford, GM) as quickly as possible.”
This note also makes for great customer service by Hertz. I really hope similar notes went out to all email addresses Hertz had for the coming days/weeks.
Safety first just might mean 1 brand does well in this recall nightmare. Another thought, they could have just been inundated with inbound customer service calls asking for a non-Toyota rental, whatever the reason I still liked the note.
- Ghosn: Toyota woes will be temporary (cnn.com)
- Honda, GM Gain Buyers’ Favor Amid Toyota Recall, Edmunds Says (businessweek.com)
- Toyota recall could help North American automakers (ctv.ca)
- Toyota to recall 2.3 million more vehicles as its troubles continue (businessweek.com)
- Toyota has few details on gas pedal solution as recall expands (thestar.com)
- Toyota extends massive safety recall (financialpost.com)
- Toyota safety recall spreads to Europe, China (windsorstar.com)
- Hertz, Enterprise, Avis remove recalled Toyotas (money.cnn.com)