Are you new around here? Spatially Relevant, not only is about sharing the things I am thankful for every year, but also trends in marketing, branding and how product managers can change a business. Stick around and add the rss feed to your reader or follow me on twitter.
So while I had some down time, I thought I would do a post that really only means something to me, but I also thought it would be fun to share. So here are 100 things I am thankful for:
- My family
- The coffee pot being full when I wake up – thank you digital coffee pot
- Rain in Georgia – yes it is RAINING!
- The bar at the W on Times Square – the best place to people watch I think
- [tag]Live Music[/tag]
- Our babysitter, who allows us to see live music
- Not having to drink the last inch of a beer
- The grilled cheese sandwich I had at Kingston Station on Tuesday – [tag]Gruyère[/tag] mmmmm
- A cab driver who doesn’t talk to me
- The fact that I almost know how to get around [tag]boston[/tag] now.
- My new years eve tickets for [tag]Widespread Panic[/tag] for me and my friends
- My children
- Kids with Afros – see above
- My dogs
- Cool maps
- A night at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta
- [tag]Sancho’s broken arrow[/tag] in [tag]denver[/tag] – could be the best bar on the planet.
- Watching kids have fun – see below
- Reading on a plane
- A nice pair of new socks
- Good [tag]movies[/tag] on a rainy day from on demand
- My mentors (Ron, Ken, John and Jim)
- My fraternity brothers – go [tag]sigma pi[/tag]
- Lazy afternoons at Turner Field, few things are more relaxing
- The DVD player in our Van – what did I do without one, the DVD player, not the Van
- A day on the beach
- Looking at the stamp on my passports and thinking about the places I’ve been
- Not having to travel to LA that much, I just don’t like LA
- The fact that I have never made [tag]Platinum Medallion[/tag] on Delta
- The first night on a new pillow
- The comments and track backs my readers provide, I think I’m over 30 regulars now.
- The closeness that [tag]social media[/tag] provides with my extended network of friends
- Looking at my setlists on [tag]Everyday Companion[/tag]
- That logic mostly wins
- When I have more that two beverage choices in my refrigerator
- The Onion
- Amazon [tag]Unbox[/tag]
- Emily’s cooking, specifically her pork paprikash
- When Hadrian smiles
- The day that Jeff said I should shave most days and dress a little better – good advice for everyone I think
- The day I decided to give this whole blog thing another chance and started spatially relevant
- The [tag]Chicago Institute of Art[/tag]
- My crown room membership – TV, free soda and WiFi
- That Jen is a great mother of Kevren and Dijouri
- My college friends I never seem to catch up with Patti, Drake and Michael J.
- My [tag]iPod[/tag]
- Everyday I have the opportunity to learn something new
- [tag]Google[/tag] for creating [tag]google reader[/tag] – what a time saver!
- A nice day on the [tag]Bruce Pennisula[/tag]
- Any day I can find my slippers
- [tag]American Express[/tag] Rewards – I get things I would never spend real money on.
- My Bose headphones
- [tag]Jaco[/tag] [tag]Costa Rica[/tag]
- When I get upgraded to the big seats on a long flight
- When I don’t forget my mom’s birthday (apparently 2007 wasn’t one of those years – sorry mom)
- Not having to travel for Thanksgiving this year
- That I still have my atlas from my 18th birthday
- All the great friends I have in Atlanta
- That I have in-law’s that will come to Georgia anytime to babysit so Em and I can travel
- Waiting at a random train station in a foreign country and trying to figure out where I’m supposed to be and when I’m supposed to get off the train since no one speak English and the signs are in the local language.
- When my kids brush their teeth without me reminding them
- When Emily calls bullshit on me – I guess that’s why I married her
- The AJC sports section and TV game clips so I can have something to talk about to Georgia Bulldog and SEC fans
- Shrek 1, 2 and third – toddler crack let me tell you.
- Watching Dijouri skateboard
- Watching Kevren “aggressive inline” skate
- Watching Prescott drool when watching a movie
- When Burning Down the House comes on my iPod
- That most people are thoughtful and kind
- A $1 grilled cheese sandwich from the heart and made with love in the lot at a show
- having very athletic kids – sometimes NOT being like your dad is a good thing
- teamwork makes the dream work!
- Sometimes a cliché just works – I mean there has to be a reason they exist
- The day I installed firefox, got a flickr account and a [tag]twitter[/tag] account – what a great day!
- The day I realized that art is as meaningful as science.
- Any day I get to golf – the extent of my being athletic
- Quiet time just spent remembering past experiences
- When the batteries died in the toy saxophone Jeff bought for Prescott
- Clearing security at ATL Hartsfield in under 10 mins
- Moments when I have the clarity of thought to acknowledge that I can’t control what happens – only how I react
- That I almost have the right tools for nearly every job
- For the people in Dallas which have let me go through toll road 2 times without paying
- When dinner is actually delivered in the 45-50 mins as predicted by the order taker
- Every time I type a message on my blackberry which has all the words, correct spelling and reasonable grammar
- Big brothers being patient with their little brothers
- When my friends are willing to help me on stuff and are willing to let me help them on stuff
- A short line for check in at the [tag]Marriott[/tag] Marquis when I get to NYC at 11PM and want to sleep
- having nothing left on my itinerary, but having another 4 hours to slack
- Grilling outside in the winter, not a Georgia winter, but a snowy Michigan day
- An unplanned weekend in the mountains – you decide at noon and your in a cabin at 6PM.
- That it all works out in the end
- The burn that happens in your throat when chugging a coke on a hot day
- No traffic on GA 400 when going home from a business trip
- A burger from the Barley House
- A perfect steak with a bottle of [tag]Silver Oak[/tag]
- That a Little Caesar’s just opened by my house
- The Big Chill soundtrack
- Any opportunity to share, listen and be with people I care about
I probably have another 100 things I should be thankful for…. What are you thankful for?
Stick around all year, bookmark Spatially Relevant, add the rss feed to your reader or follow me on twitter.
[utterz] http://tinyurl.com/ynq937 A thankful utter: http://tinyurl.com/yrawkb
[…] 100 Things I am thankful for… – A thanksgiving post […]
[…] I think with this approach then perhaps I can avoid the pitfall of the best laid plans going awry. So now I think I have 101 things to be thankful for. […]
I loved reading all of the things your thankful for. You made me feel the happiness you were sharing with your readers. Thanks for sharing your rays of sunshine with me.
Thanks for the comment, I’m currently working on this years list. Some of the same, some new and others are just variations. I get so excited about this post… been thinking about it for 2 weeks. Will send you an email when it’s up.
Besides he obvious ones, there’s no order to the list, right?
No particular order, it is hard enough to make the list, let alone prioritize it. I’ve been working on this year’s for a while. It probably wouldn’t be fair. Here is the new one:
thanks for stopping by. Hope you take a look at the new one.
Happy Thanksgiving – "100 things I am Thankful for" – kid with an afro! http://tinyurl.com/thankfulafrokid @guykawasaki @MissyWard @SarahM
Things I am thankful for on thanksgiving – 1st list – http://tinyurl.com/thankfulafrokid, 2009 list. http://tinyurl.com/thankul2009
[…] 100 Things I’m Thankful For – 2007 […]
[…] 100 Things I’m Thankful For – 2007 […]
[…] https://www.spatiallyrelevant.org/2007/11/22/100-things-i-am-thankful-for/ […]