So every year I get to slacking the last 2 weeks of the year and just about refuse to write anything new. This year was a little different, since I posted the 5 things you should think about when doing your 2010 plan, but that is only because it sat in my drafts folder for 2 months, so I felt a little guilty not to finish it.
2009 has seen some real changes for me and the reader here, we added some new writers because I was just a little more busy than normal and because they had a bunch to add to the conversation for the new readers and old readers alike. So here are 10 Posts which you may have missed over the year or not if you have been around for a while.
- Cross-Functional Diplomacy – Being a product manager requires some horse trading sometimes to be effective.
- Packaging and Storytelling – Moving a brand and product in a tough market may just require financial benefits for a buyer.
- Productivity, Products and Social Media – How can you leverage tools and cultural change to your advantage?
- So Your Waiting for an Exit? Patience can be a good thing when trying to understand the value of your private company and just a little math too.
- What’s your cross medium Strategy? – Keith’s piece on how print and the web need to play well together.
- It’s Just Math and I’d rather have more customers! John’s innagural piece on why having a bunch of mid-market customers just might be better than being focused on killing enterprise giants.
- Product Management is just misunderstood – Differentiating roles and responsibility is critical, so is making sure the goals don’t overlap between roles.
- Data Quality is no Joke! A whimsical piece on the Obama’s administrations release of visitor data, some times transparency just makes one ask more questions.
- Brand’s Need to Focus on Profit and a Niche – Defining the target market is critical for a brand and a product to be successful.
- Start-up Personas – While JCM’s piece focused on the troublemakers you find in a start up, I think versions of each exist in most companies.