Twitter is most certainly one of the more interesting tools in social media. Small- terse messages of random interaction. My specific twitter network is just a little more eclectic than other social segments I frequent.
Twitter just like any social network continues to evolve to include an increasingly diverse set of media snacks for a growing cross section of the population. With the recent service/scale issues and exponential references on television, it is becoming increasing evident that the twitter stream is mainstream. Just as in any type of social network – you need to tend to the stream to maintain quality, conversational purity and value requirements.
5 Ways to Initiate a Stream Remediation Program
- Identify the maximum thread of velocity and prioritize it’s value. High velocity twitter-ers can rapidly obscure the conversation. Bye BBC!
- Contribute and interact to enable conversations. The size and shape of your Tweets significantly impacts the conversational velocity.
- Channel friction and boundary shear are givens – so add new folk and erode others out.
- Various conversations depths exist and the variability is driven by network depth. Engage people – not the just the network to identify YOUR thread of maximum value.
- Have a stream clean up day every now and again.