Twitter is most certainly one of the more interesting tools in social media. Small- terse messages of random interaction. My specific twitter network is just a little more eclectic than other social segments I frequent.
Twitter just like any social network continues to evolve to include an increasingly diverse set of media snacks for a growing cross section of the population. With the recent service/scale issues and exponential references on television, it is becoming increasing evident that the twitter stream is mainstream. Just as in any type of social network – you need to tend to the stream to maintain quality, conversational purity and value requirements.
5 Ways to Initiate a Stream Remediation Program
- Identify the maximum thread of velocity and prioritize it’s value. High velocity twitter-ers can rapidly obscure the conversation. Bye BBC!
- Contribute and interact to enable conversations. The size and shape of your Tweets significantly impacts the conversational velocity.
- Channel friction and boundary shear are givens – so add new folk and erode others out.
- Various conversations depths exist and the variability is driven by network depth. Engage people – not the just the network to identify YOUR thread of maximum value.
- Have a stream clean up day every now and again.
@scobleizer – maximum value velocity http://tinyurl.com/3d58wa
Blog: 5 Ways YOU can launch a Twitter stream remediation program: Twitter is most certainly one of.. http://tinyurl.com/2ofkzo
Stream Clean-up Days are key. I think many of us who are trying to self-promote thinking reaching everyone in a spammy type of way is the way to go. I think those days are over, and it’s all about stronger connections that are ultimately taken a lot more seriously and lead to more actions, such as more serious recommendations to friends. I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir…Wish I had the time to figure out what that graph and equation meant.
FaceySpacey.com, Your One Stop Social Media Shop
the graphic doesn’t really mean anything. Geek hydrology metaphor thing.
[…] ornate widgets. Just an idea, but the Twitter stream was just chuck full of fun this week. After my remediation effort, I meandered into a fun set of tweets which allowed me to add some new folks to the line up and to […]
[…] management which is an interesting twist. The growing number of how to better manage the stream recommendations are not only interesting, but confirmation that the community is evolving. Perhaps the most […]
[…] 5 Ways YOU can launch a Twitter stream remediation program – geeky thing I wrote and scoble called it geeky, that scoble effect is a real thing. […]
sometimes you need to mix up the twitter stream a little, not a full on remediation tho http://tinyurl.com/3d58wa
Full disclosure: my bad hydrology metaphor for twitter – http://tinyurl.com/streamremediation